Costa Maya Beach Break
Hotel in Mahahual Hotel Costa Maya
Costa Maya
Food & Bar
Trip Services
Trip Utility
   Exchange rate calc.
   Mexican Immigrat.
      & Customs
   Spotlight Articles
   Travel Insurance
   Vacation Travel Info
   Weather Conditions
      Phone Number
Costa Maya Tours
Sport & Activities
Place to Visit
Photo Gallery
Web Cams
Contact Us
Home Page

Beach Break Costa Maya Golf cars Costa Maya Snorkeling Costa Maya
You are in:  Trip Utility | 

Mexican Immigrations & Custom

Immigration is something all international travelers will face when arriving at their final destinations. Passports will make traveling much easier for you and your family. On the plane you will be asked to fill out a customs and immigration form. Importation tariffs do not usually apply to tourist luggage but you may be asked to open your bags at one point. Once you de-plane immigration will ask to see your documents, after that you can pick up your luggage.

Multiple Immifration Form - FMM, Mexico
New Immigration Form (2010)
Be prepared for Immigration!
If your stay in Mexico is longer than 180 days, you must go to the closer Immigration office to change your FMM for your Immigrant, Non immigrant or Permanent Resident card. Remember, you just have 30 days to do so, otherwise your stay in Mexico will be irregular and you could be fined.

This form must be filled out individually by all foreign citizens entering to mexico, including diplomats.

» Migratory Form Fill Out Procedure(FMM)

Essentially, you should have the following documentation:
A valid passport or a birth certificate with an official state seal (official document only). A valid photo I.D. if you don't have a drivers license. All drivers will need a drivers license.

Travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada will be required to have a passport or other secure, accepted document to enter or re-enter the United States.
» click for more info

Protect yourself and your child from disappointment!
A child departing the US and traveling with only one parent, a guardian, or even grandparents or other relatives, must have written and notarized permission from both birth parents or legal guardians to enter many countries. Read more about these stringent new laws below.

The US Immigration & Naturalization Service has begun cracking down on single adults departing the United States with children, at the request of international border officials trying to halt the transport of runaways and children involved in child-custody disputes.

Mexican law requires that if only one parent (or grandparent, or other guardian) is accompanying a minor under 18 into Mexico, they must bear a notarized letter from the child's other parent (or guardian) granting permission to enter Mexico with the child, including the dates of travel, the accompanying adult's name, contact information, and a notarized signature.

A consular officer at the U.S. Department of State's Office of Children's Issues verified the facts required by most countries from a 'permission to travel' letter, and reiterated that a parent's notarized signature and identification for the child (birth certificate or passport) were both essential.

A spokesperson at American Airlines said that the INS had only recently begun enforcing this rule through the airlines. Although travel agents have been charged with notifying clients that airlines will require this letter at the airport -- before issuing boarding passes -- it can slip between the cracks.

Adults traveling with children should be aware of this regulation, and arrive prepared. Call the nearest embassy of the country you will be visiting for up-to-date requirements. Divorced parents should be sure to carry notarized custody papers, as well as identification for themselves and the child.

Custom Search
Print this Page Add Url Feed Rss
Flag Mexico

Mexico Tourism Costa Maya Hecho en mexico